Social Media

Liz Earle Gentle Face Exfoliator Review

When I first broke out in acne, I was always advised to exfoliate my face, to scrub away the dry and dead layer of the skin which could irritate my acne further. All our skin types are different, some more problematic than others and some not needing exfoliation at all. It's important not to exfoliate your face too much as extreme exfoliation can damage the skin.

Liz Earle Gentle Face Exfoliator
John Lewis 70ml £14.00

"gently exfoliate to buff away dead skin cells and impurities for smoother, clearer skin."

The Liz Earle Gentle Face Exfoliator is perfect for all skin types as it contains gentle Jojoba beads and although it does an amazing job of exfoliating the face, it is not harsh on the skin at all. After using the Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish (review here) to remove my makeup, I pump some of the product onto my fingertips and massage into my face in circular motions. I do this for a couple of minutes and wash off with warm water or rinse a muslin cloth and wipe off. I finish by splashing cold water onto my face to close my pores. 
The exfoliator is a thick, creamy paste and it comes in a pump form which is great because you can control how much of the product you want to use. I like to use it twice a week which is more than enough for a smooth base to apply your favourite moisturiser. Although it states on the packaging 'not suitable for sensitive skin', people who have sensitive skin can use a little bit and mix it with the Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish-the results will be just as good. It is important not to use the exfoliator in the eye area as that area is very thin, delicate and it will sting if it gets into the eyes.

Like all Liz Earle products, even this has its own skin benefits:

Jojoba Beads: main ingredient that does the exfoliating. Brightens and clears the skin

Beeswax: protects and relieves the chapped skin

Glycerin: maintains hydration

Sweet Almond Oil: keeps the skin soft and smooth



I would definitely recommend this product because it does a perfect job of buffing away dead skin and unblocks pores. The pictures above are exactly 9 days apart and in that time I have used the exfoliator three times in conjunction with the Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish and the Liz Earle Deep Cleansing Mask (review here). You have to be CONSISTENT in order to get the perfect dewy and radiant skin. 

Instagram

Theme by BD