Social Media

Liz Earle Deep Cleansing Mask Review

Here's another Liz Earle product I've been obsessing about lately! It's the Liz Earle Deep Cleansing Mask which is great for oily combination skin. It leaves my acne prone skin feeling deeply cleansed and also regulates the oiliness.  Ever since the sun has disappeared, my skin has become quite oily around my t-zone, eyes and nose (yes I know, its suppose to do the opposite right?) and after endless uses of this mask- it is now one of my favourite masks to pamper myself with.


Liz Earle Deep Cleansing Mask Starter Kit
£14.50 75ml John Lewis

"This concentrated clay and botanical mask helps draw out impurities to leave skin balanced and calm."

In the starter kit, you'll receive a 75ml tube and 2 round sponges. I use the mask in conjunction with the Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish (review here). After cleansing, I apply the mask using an old flat foundation brush as its an easy to spread an even layer onto the face and neck. I leave it on for 7-10 minutes and allow it to work its magic. One of the great perks of this mask is that it doesn't crumble off as it dries- so thumbs up to that.

I run the sponge under hot (not burning hot) water and wipe the mask off. The sponges have a slight rouge texture, so as I wipe off the mask it also exfoliates the skin. The mask is not harsh and does not leave the skin feeling dry. I then use the Liz Earle Instant Boost Skin Tonic as my toner followed by the Liz Earle Superskin Concentrate as my moisturiser (reviews here). After 3-4 uses, I saw a difference in my skin as it helped clear up breakouts that I had and my skin appeared much brighter than usual. 


Like all Liz Earle products, even this has its own skin benefits;

Aloe Vera: softens the skin

Glycerin: keeps the skin hydrated

Manuka Honey: soothes and calms the skin 

Green Clay: draw out impurities and absorb excess oils

Propolis: protects the skin



I would definitely recommend this to everyone with oily combination skin. I now have calmer (less oily) skin, smaller pores and my face feels super fresh after every use. The mask can be applied to certain areas of the face (instead of the whole) and you will get the same results. I use the mask 2-3 times a week and with so much product in the the tube, it will last a while. The only 2 downsides is the odd green colour and awkward olive-like smell. However that should not put you off such amazing, affordable product! 












Instagram

Theme by BD